Thursday, May 17, 2012

Turning 5!

 So my second born, Jakob, his birthday is December 31st. I can't believe he came on this day.I feel sorry for him having such a special day on such a special day. All his life he hasn't had a birthday party as it was NYE and since it is not long after Christmas, we are usually strapped for cash!








2011 I was determined to make sure he had a birthday party as this was his Kindy year. For the first time he had a long list of friends that he wanted to share his special day with. And how could I say no? So we set out on a mission to make his 5th birthday very special.

We organised for his whole Kindy class to come. This was almost 30 children.That's right, 30!! I didn't know what I was getting into obviously. Since we were having such a large number of children, I decided it would be easier to have it at home, outside! Since we live on 20 acres, I figured we had enough room.


For food, I just did simple lollies, chips, fruit, dip and biscuits. I also set up a small table with adult friendly biscuits and dip, cheeses and cabana. The parents who stayed appreciated this immensely! For lunch my mum cooked up a sausage sizzle on the BBQ. The kids lined up a if it were a canteen, and we served them a sausage in bread with sauce.It's the simple things that the kids love, and they loved sausages in bread LOL.

Now by BIG challenge, was keeping the kids entertained for 2 1/2 hours! We let them go nuts on the swing set and trampoline, and set up a few other little games to keep them entertained for half an hour. Then, came the big one! We hired Reptile Encounters to come to our place, and entertain the kids for an hour. It was rather costly to have them out, but mainly because they had to travel 1 1/2 hours to get here as there was nothing like this locally. We had a lovely girl come out and show the kids some snakes, frog, lizards and a crocodile! That's right, a crocodile! It was AWESOME! This was well worth the money we spent on it. The kids all sat there so quietly and listened so intently. It was also highly educational in a very fun way! I cannot recommend these people highly enough. (Note: they are not paying me to say this, I was just really happy with what they did!) Can't wait until his 6th birthday now :D












No comments:

Post a Comment