Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Miss 8's Rollerblade Birthday Party! Part 1 - 'Lolly Bags'

 Recently, my 'little' girl turned 8. Yup E.I.G.H.T! Yikes! She was very much over kiddy parties and wanted to do something more grown up! So this is what we came up with. Roller blades. My first reaction muttered under my breathe.... S**T! LOL!

But it was actually a REALLY great party! They threw in a 1 hour long 'learn to skate' lesson before the party started so I got a little bonus of an extra hour free and all the kids knew the basics! The only problem was, this started at 9am! On a Saturday! 9! AM! I wouldn't usually have a problem with this, but I had one of Miss 8's friends sleep over the night before the party, so I had to get 5 kids ready instead of the usual 4, and make sure the guest had all their belongings with them the next morning. I went to bed early to get some rest, set the alarm clock. But you know how kids like to turn your alarm volume? Yeah mine does. And did the night before. So I woke up at 8 am! I think you can imagine the panic and rush since it took 25 minutes to get to the place of the party! AARRGGHH!

Despite all that, my daughter had a great time! I think I pulled it off quite well. And I even remembered how to roller blade from when I was a kid. One quote from a child attending the party was "I didn't know Mum's could Roller Blade!" HA-HA precious! But yes we can! And I did! (I didn't manage to get a photo of this as hubby took the boys off for a play, and it is kind of hard taking a photo of yourself roller blading LOL!)

Ok so here are the pictures!



Top view of 'Thank you Boxes'

Bubbles!

Smartieeeees!

Scored these cute little mini lip glosses at Coles for 50cents each! Perfect!

A balloon!

The finished product.

I was REALLY happy with these 'Thank You' Boxes. They were simple, yet the girls loved them.
I went to Putting On A Party and got a printable book with EVERYTHING you need to plan a party. It even had printable s to use at the party for decoration, like the lovely Thank You stickers. They were suppose to be printed onto printable sticker sheets, but I didn't have any, so I simply laminated them, cut them out, and used a glue stick to stick them on. Simple and effective!

Stay Tuned for Part 2 - The Food!




No comments:

Post a Comment