Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good Vs Bad

A good day!
Today, is a good day. As a matter of fact, its a GREAT day! It is one of those days where things just fall into place, the kids actually behave and the house got clean rather fast (kinda!) and I have been in one of the bests moods I have been in for a while.













A lot of days, its the same old thing, get up, get kids ready for school, clean up, pick up kids, feed them, bathe them, put them in bed, fall in a heap and watch TV till early hours of the morning HAHA. I tend to get stuck in a rut when this happens, a vicious circle that feels like it will last forever. On these days I wonder why I had children - now hold on, before you judge - by that I mean, I feel like I am not able to give them the time and attention they need and deserve. It makes me sad to think of all the time I have spent cleaning up, I could of been talking with them, playing with them and just sitting with them having cuddles. Sadly, cleaning up is a major part of a bigger family such as mine.

Then I have a day like today, where I kick myself in the butt, get on with it, and get my cleaning done in record time. I was able to have some much loved fun with Mr (almost) 4 while the bubba was sleeping, and he is a happier, better behaved child for it. All they want is attention and love. Sometimes we have to re-shuffle out priorities to provide them these things. But it is SO worth it! Children are special.

I just wanted to write this quick post to remind mums - it is ok to have 'off times'. It is so normal to feel like your not doing a good job, like your not cut out for it, like throwing your child through a window (not that anyone would actually do that, but its normal to think it lol). I have on occasion, suffered from anxiety. When this happens, I find myself dropping everything, grabbing my iPod Touch, and going to my walk in robe, leaving the light off, and sitting in the dark, with the door shut, and turning on my favourite music. You know the ones you wouldn't play in front of anyone because they are cheesy, or old school lame. LOL I like to listen to Cher, or something silly like that. These songs create peace in my mind, the darkness stills me, and the quietness of no children makes me happy again. It only takes 10 minutes to rejuvenate your self, if only to get through the rest of the day until kids 'bed time'. It is ok to feel these things, just remember you are a good mother. You wouldn't feel these feelings, if you didn't care about your children. You know you would walk to the end of the earth and back for them. So don't deprive yourself, of you.

Pictures of NOT so good days! LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment